“Sissi unleashes another crackdown in Egypt”, The Washington Post, November 2020
“REVOLUTIONS AND THEIR REMAINS”, Halifax Papers, Halifax International Security Forum, November 2019
- Op-Ed in Washington Post: “Propping up Middle East autocrats isolates the population and feeds instability.”
- Op-Ed in New York Times: “I’ve Been Acquitted. Egypt’s Struggle Continues.”
- Co-authored Op-Ed in Washington Post: Egypt’s authoritarian crackdown hasn’t helped in the fight against terrorism
- Op-Ed in Washington Post: Egypt is in dire shape. Yet how I wish I could go back.
- Letter to UN published by TIMEP: Civil Society Crackdown: Letter from Executive Director Dr. Nancy Okail to UN
- Op-Ed in Washington Post, : Policy experts decry Middle East sexism. What about sexism in our own profession?
- Huffington Post article: ISIS’s Unprecedented Campaign Promoting Sinai
- “Letter From Cairo” published in Carnegie Europe
- Op-Ed in US News & World Report,: Injustice in Egypt: The U.S. should do more to condemn Egypt’s crackdown on civil society.
- Lawfare article: Egypt Is Cracking Down on NGOs When It Needs Them Most
- Co-authored Op-Ed in EU Observer: The young didn’t choose Trump or Brexit
- Lawfare article: Today’s Crackdown on Egyptian Civil Society: An Eerie Reminder of 2012
- Co-authored an article on TIMEP’s site with EIPR Researcher Amr Ismaeil on the concerning rise of deaths caused by torture in Egypt’s police stations.
- Co-authored an article with Mai El-Sadany for TIMEP in response to the detention and subsequent release of Egyptian human rights defender Hossam Baghat, explaining the global implications of Baghat’s detention.
- Co-authored an op-ed published in Foreign Affairs examining Egypt’s counter-terror strategy and analyzing why it has been, and will continue to be ineffective and unsustainable.
- Washington Post Op-Ed: My own Egyptian trial was nothing compared with what these women will face tomorrow