Skip to content
- “State of the World: Global Relations & U.S. Foreign Policy”at the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs, Florida International University in Miami, Florida
- Remembering #Jan25 at the Queen Mary University of London, in London, U.K. *
- “State of the World 2018: Global Relations & U.S. Foreign Policy” at the Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs, Florida International University in Miami, Florida
- Seminar on the Day of the Endangered Lawyer hosted by the Law Society in London, U.K.
- “Whatever Happened to the Egyptians? Remembering #Jan25 at the Queen Mary University of London, in London, U.K.
- 2018 Delphi Economic Forum in Delphi, Greece
- Conference on “Political Contestation and New Social Forces in the Middle East and North Africa,” hosted by the Stanford Center on Democracy, Development, and Rule of Law in Stanford, California
- 2018 RightsCon in Toronto, Canada
- Human Rights Matter! Defending Marginalized Citizens,” hosted by the Right Livelihood College (RLC) in Bonn, Germany
- “Navigating cyber challenges of free speech” at the Deutsche Welle Global Media Forum hosted by Deutsche Welle in Bonn, Germany.
- The EU-Arab World Summit 2018 in Athens, Greece
- Global Perspectives 2018, hosted by International Civil Society Centre in Berlin, Germany
- Halifax International Security Forum, in Halifax, Canada
- The EU-Arab World Summit 2017 in Athens, Greece
- “Human Rights Defenders Under Threat,” at Amnesty International U.K. in London, U.K
- King’s College in London, U.K.
- The Reset Dialogue on Civilization (Reset DOC) Seminars, in Venice, Italy
- Delphi Economic Forum II in Delphi, Greece
- “How to Navigate Egypt’s Enduring Human Rights Crisis” at Human Rights First in Washington, DC
- “Egypt’s human rights crisis and Western foreign policy: What price stability?” at SOAS, University of London in London, U.K.
- “The Struggle Over the Egyptian Public Sphere: Between Crackdown and Security” at the International Affairs Institute in Rome, Italy
- “Repression of Civil Society in Egypt” at Amnesty International in Rome, Italy
- “The Role of Religion in Governance in Egypt” and “Religious and Identity Conflicts in the Middle East” at the Istanbul Seminars in Istanbul, Turkey
- “The Arab Spring, Five Years On” at the World Affairs Council, San Francisco
- “Egypt: The Price of Silence” at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, Switzerland
- “The Obama Administration’s Record on Human Rights and Democratic Governance: Perspectives from the Global South” at the USAID conference in Washington, DC
- “Egypt’s Renewed Crackdown: The Struggle for Human Rights and Civil Society” at event hosted by TIMEP and Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights in Washington, DC
- “ISIS and the Middle East’s Changing Geopolitical Landscape” at the 2016 Concordia Annual Summit in New York City, New York
- A strategy session at the 2015 Concordia Summit, New York City, New York
- “Unprecedented Pressures, Uncharted Course for Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood”
- Moderated “Understanding ISIS,” at event hosted by Center for American Progress and TIMEP in Washington, DC
- Book launch of Daniel Gilman’s Cairo Pop, hosted by American Arab Institute in Washington, DC
- Spoke at USIP Hill Course on: Nonviolent Civic Mobilization and U.S. Foreign Policy – October 2014
- International Law Weekend in New York City, New York * “Ethics and Decision Making” seminar at Georgetown University Masters of Foreign Service in Washington, DC
- Council on Foreign Relations National Conference in New York City, New York
- Sedona Forum in Sedona, Arizona
- University of California Santa Cruz politics department in Santa Cruz, California
- Florida International University
- Temple Issues Forum (TIF) discussion at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania