The Foreign Desk: Tahrir Square ten years on. Radio Interview, January 30, 2021
The guardian, Ten years On, the Arab Spring Explosive Rage and Dashed Dreams. Martin Chulov. Interview, December 2020
- The Top 150 Powerful Women in Washington, D.C.. Profile. The Washingtonian Magazine. 2019
- Okail was quoted in an article by the Guardian about a case against U.S. citizens who had been convicted of improperly operating nongovernmental organizations in Egypt. She was also among those acquitted in the case.
- Provided statement for the UK Law Society Gazette article: Endangered lawyers: Egyptian rights defenders in peril
- Interviewed with BBC World News on September 9 regarding Egyptian death sentences.
- A quote in France 24 in an article titled, “Egypt launches unprecedented crackdown on media ahead of Sisi re-election bid.”
- A quote in The Guardian in an article titled, “Hard-won victories of Arab spring appear more fragile than ever.”
- Al Jazeera interview for their Listening Post: The silence in Sinai: Covering Egypt’s ‘war on terror’,
- Huffington Post Arabi, حرمتها السلطات طفليها ولم تستطع حضور جنازة والدتها.. الناشطة نانسي عقيل: الوضع في مصر كارثي وهذه مخاوفي
Interview for the Greek newspaper Kathimerini
- “Regime Egiziano. Parla ‘L’Accusata ‘”Interview with Azzurra Meringolo, Nigrizia (Italy)
- Video interview “The systematic violation of human rights in Egypt”, Instituto Affari Internazionali (International Affairs Institute in Rome.)
- Interview with Giulia Beatrice, published in DIRE (Italy)
- Unrealized Dreams: Egypt After the Arab Spring, MSNBC
- From Euphoria to Despair: Tahrir Five Years Later, Background Briefing with Ian Masters (radio)
- Interview with Buzzfeed regarding the current status of civil society in Egypt and her own experience as an NGO worker there
- Featured in a segment, “Do New Uprisings Help or Hurt Egypt’s Future?” on HuffPost Live, the online streaming news network at the Huffington Post.